Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Recipe: Doughnut Cookies

Is it a doughnut? Or is it a cookie? It's BOTH.

Sunday evening I was craving a doughnut, but I was also was craving cookies. So guess what I did? I made both!


These are the perfect little treats for birthdays, showers, parties, or just for your pleasure. Do you want to know how to make them? They're pretty simple.


Ingredients:
3 tablespoons shortening
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
2/3 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups flour
5 teaspoons baking powder

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 365 degrees.
-Cream the shortening and sugar together. Beat the egg and add to the mixture. Stir in the milk. Sift together the nutmeg, salt, flour, and baking powder. Combine mixtures
-Knead to a floured surface. Roll to a thinkness of about 1/4" and cut out with a doughnut cutter.
-Place the dough onto a baking sheet and bake for about 12-14 minutes.


Enjoy!

5 comments:

Sereina said...

Those look really good! I like the wider post column too!

Kenzie said...

Ooo! Yummy! I saw you eating them at lunch. LOL

Elyssa said...

Very neat idea :)

Kyla Makay said...

MMMMM. They look so good! :)

-makay

carlotta cisternas said...

These sound delicious! I'm going to have to give them a try :)