Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Garden

Every Spring, my dad seems to attempt to grow a garden in our backyard. It seems like each year it fails in some kind of way. This year, he gave it another go... and there's no fail this time! The garden turned out really good this year! This is just another reason why spring is so lovely.
I will admit, I didn't do much of the work... but I did observe it grow! LOL It was really cool to see how much it actually grows each day depending on if it's sunny outside or not.
My dad planted spinach, lettuce, & carrots, etc. We actually used some of the spinach and lettuce for dinner the other night. Fresh vegetables from your garden taste so much better than the ones from the grocery store... just sayin'!

Here are quite a few pics of the progression:

The very beginning

Growing a little bit more...



(My brother watering the garden. It's not what you think it looks like, haha!)

A little bit more...







Ready to pick and eat!



(do you see the little lady bug?!?)

Yay! There ya have it! ;)

3 comments:

carlotta cisternas said...

My mom is growing a garden this year too :)
And I love that one of your brother! The sun spots (is that what they're called?) are gorgeous...and I had to laugh about "it's not what you think it is" ;)

Kaylee H. said...

Haha thanks!! :)

delaney said...

hey! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love new followers! :)

Your blog is adorable! I love your background!

Ooooh, your garden looks great! The pictures are amazing! Haha, I like the one of your brother :)
I wish we had planted a garden this year, but instead we planted fruit trees...

blessings!
Laney