Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"Fake" Camp


For my church group, we get together as young women every Tuesday nights to do an activity together. This week we had a "fake" camp or day camp. It was part of our certification for our actual girls camp this summer (that I'm really excited about)! Anyways, there are a few things that we have to pass off and certify each year depending on what age group you're in. This is my 3rd year going to girls camp so therefore, I'm a third-year! (wow! that wasn't obvious.) We have to accomplish these things before we go to camp, so this week we made a mini camping trip to get a few things passed off! Some things are like... first-aid, how to start a campfire, safety, nature, etc.
We traveled about 20-30 mins away to a small, but really pretty camp site!



After we got all set up, our third-year group learned how to build and start a campfire. We were pretty excited when we got the fire to start!

(Left to right: Me, Danielle, Ashlyn--third years!)

After the fire was all ready to go, we cooked our tinfoil dinners that we had prepared before we came. A tinfoil dinner usually has meat, vegatables, & potatoes and is wrapped up in tinfoil and cooked in a fire. Mine turned out pretty good! (I wish I could have taken a picture of all the tinfoil dinners in that fire, but I didn't really think about it.)

After that, we went and took some 'posey' pictures up on the rippled rocks/mountains just for fun. :) Here are a few of my favorites:


(you can click on it to see it larger)

After taking some pictures, we roasted marshmallows and had some delicious s'mores! I love s'mores! Ashlyn (in the pink) had some fun getting marshmallow all over herself, and me. :/ Good times, good times.

Anyways, that concludes my "fake" camp! :)

No comments: